We will be holding practice this Friday, April 18th. Gates will
open at 5pm and we will plan to run until about 8pm.
No charge to race - Pits will be $10 per person.
The concession stand will be open with a limited menu
such as; hot dogs, hamburgs & drinks.
Those of you that have season pit passes and pit reserved -
we will distribute those to you on Friday night or I
will mail them out on Saturday.
If you are mailing in registration or pit forms send them to:
1200 Thurber Road
Corning, NY 14830
checks should be addressed: Lin Kotlinski
Thank you to those of you that attended the pre-season meeting.
Items discussed and/or agreed upon at the meeting:
- Starting with Junior 1 class disc clutch is ok in plate classes
- On/off switch will be required in kids classes and we will
discuss a specific spot once we start practicing
- Karts should have the weight on the kart (stickers are fine)
- If you are using weights on your kart they need to be painted white
with the kart # on them -
must be bolted & lock nut in place - NO UNATTACHED WEIGHTS
- Fuel test
- Karts should have number plate on the back
- Must wear long sleeves - should be cotton
- 87 octane fuel in clones
- 6 caution rule
- You must push the karts through the pits - NO DRIVING THEM THROUGH
- If you do not get weighed - you do not get points or pay out (YOUR CHOICE!!)
- Illegal parts rule discussed
- King of the Ring Race discussed
- Plaques with date, position & class instead of trophies with stickers was discussed
(or stickers for the karts for feature wins - like football players receive the stickers
for their helmets)
- More consistency with the chopping/slamming calls
- Head flagger will be the only flagger to talk to drivers (if they do something wrong)
A few minor changes were made to the rules in certain classes. Those will be
updated and uploaded to the website by March 22nd.
We will be changing our website host in early April but it should not affect your access.
We will keep you posted if there is any change.
RACING FRIDAY NIGHTS.
GATES OPEN AT 5PM ~ RACING STARTS AT 7PM
HOT LAPS START AT 6:15PM
COST WILL BE $10 FOR EACH PERSON ENTERING THE PITS
$5 TO REGISTER EACH KART
POINTS ARE DISTRIBUTED AS FOLLOWS:
HEATS: 1ST - 10 PTS, 2ND - 9 PTS, 3RD - 8 PTS AND ON DOWN
TO 1 POINT FOR 10TH PLACE
FEATURES: 1ST - 50 PTS, 2ND - 49 PTS, 3RD - 48 PTS AND ON DOWN
UNTIL THE LAST KART - MINUS ONE POINT PER POSITION.
REMEMBER...IF YOU ARE A MEMBER RUNNING FOR POINTS - YOU HAVE TO RUN ATLEAST 3 RACES
PRIOR TO MID-SEASON FOR A MID-SEASON PLAQUE AND TO RECEIVE AN END OF YEAR TROPHY YOU
MUST RUN A TOTAL OF 4 RACES BY SEASON END -
ATLEAST 1 RACE OR MORE PRIOR TO OR AT MID-SEASON
AND THEN ATLEAST 1 -3 RACES AFTER MID-SEASON - TOP 3 POSITIONS RECEIVE A
MID-SEASON PLAQUE POSITIONS 1-3 RECEIVE TROPHIES IF THEY ARE ELIGIBLE
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE A PIT SPOT OR REQUEST A YEARLY
SPONSORSHIPS (RACE & BILLBOARD) ARE AVAILABLE -
Friday Races - Gates open at 5:00pm - Racing starts at 7:00pm
For questions or comments about this website contact: mailto:email@example.com